"Joy and pleasure are as real as pain and sorrow and one must learn what they have to teach. . . ." -- Sean Russell, from Gatherer of Clouds

"If you're not having fun, you're not doing it right." -- Helyn D. Goldenberg

"I love you and I'm not afraid." -- Evanescence, "My Last Breath"

“If I hear ‘not allowed’ much oftener,” said Sam, “I’m going to get angry.” -- J.R.R. Tolkien, from Lord of the Rings

Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Blah!


There are days when I just don't want to do anything. I've got files with all these projects sitting here, an idea for a new story, some revisions to old stuff, reviews to write (always reviews to write!), and I just feel like being a lump.

Call it a little bit of burn-out, I guess. I had a heavy writing week last week and maybe I just need a day or two to recharge. There's no subtlety to my thinking right now. Even politicians have gotten so predictable and boring that I don't even want to take the time to carp at them. Even Ben is bored.

Gack.

Maybe I'll go play with the other site, which is staring to look at little shopworn. It's cheaper than a new wardrobe.

No comments: