"Joy and pleasure are as real as pain and sorrow and one must learn what they have to teach. . . ." -- Sean Russell, from Gatherer of Clouds

"If you're not having fun, you're not doing it right." -- Helyn D. Goldenberg

"I love you and I'm not afraid." -- Evanescence, "My Last Breath"

“If I hear ‘not allowed’ much oftener,” said Sam, “I’m going to get angry.” -- J.R.R. Tolkien, from Lord of the Rings

Monday, January 16, 2006

Updates

Not anything specific -- well, maybe. It becomes apparent, though, that maintaining a blog is as much work as writing the posts themselves, especially if you're a baby blog like this one. Be sure to keep your eye on the links and other stuff in the sidebar -- always changing, with new features, new sites I've found, new Brokeback posts (mine and others' I've decided -- why hog all the glory?).

Speaking of Brokeback (you knew this was coming, didn't you?):

This is really my first experience with the Internet mediating the experience of important cultural phenomena. I'm not talking about the wildmons, who as far as I'm concerned are an aberration, but things like wildly popular and controversial movies. Some of the commentaries I've run across in teh blogosphere are really substantial and thought-provoking -- as much or more than the "legitimate" media.

That said, here are some of the more recent:

A big update on Brokeback from Andy Towle at Towleroad. Towle and Dave Cullen are really Brokeback Central. (Cullen's really cute, too.)

A quiz, yet. It had to happen: Which Brokeback Mountain Character are you? Take the quiz -- leave your results in the Comments.

A heartfelt and very interesting response from a correspondent on Brokeback Mountain, and some later thoughts.

2 comments:

Hunter said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Hunter said...

Too many typos. I got caught up in trying to paste in the code from the quiz.

OK -- Blogger won't accept the tag, so it's without pictures.

I'm Ennis. Big surprise.