"Joy and pleasure are as real as pain and sorrow and one must learn what they have to teach. . . ." -- Sean Russell, from Gatherer of Clouds

"If you're not having fun, you're not doing it right." -- Helyn D. Goldenberg

"I love you and I'm not afraid." -- Evanescence, "My Last Breath"

“If I hear ‘not allowed’ much oftener,” said Sam, “I’m going to get angry.” -- J.R.R. Tolkien, from Lord of the Rings

Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Wow!




A little history. When I started blogging a couple of years ago I was on a proprietary "free Web space" site that wouldn't let me install a counter, even though I had the code. I finally got fed up (Trellix does have its advantages, particularly in placement of photographs, which you may have noticed periodically take some prominence here, but it also has its disadvantages. In short, I don't particularly like it.)

So, I had no idea whether anyone was actually reading my blog because, like so many of you, almost no one ever commented to me about it.

So, somewhere in the night, I reached 1000 hits. I guess I'm not just being terminally solipsistic, after all. (And yes, some of you are kind enough to leave comments, which I'm pleased to report are mostly complimentary. I'm waiting for my first wingnut.)

OK, so I'm not Atrios or someone like that, but this is very exciting.

Thank you.

1 comment:

Hunter said...

Thanks, Scoot.

The stats are kind of interesting, but I'm not going to get so self-abosrbed that I devote a blog to my visitor stats, except to say that half my visitors are repeaters.

I have a following.

(aw, shucks)