"Joy and pleasure are as real as pain and sorrow and one must learn what they have to teach. . . ." -- Sean Russell, from Gatherer of Clouds

"If you're not having fun, you're not doing it right." -- Helyn D. Goldenberg

"I love you and I'm not afraid." -- Evanescence, "My Last Breath"

“If I hear ‘not allowed’ much oftener,” said Sam, “I’m going to get angry.” -- J.R.R. Tolkien, from Lord of the Rings

Saturday, March 25, 2006

Oxymorons In The News

I've been pretty busy, but I couldn't pass up the opportunity to note this headline from WaPo:

Area Soon to Be Mostly Minority




(If I were Andrew Sullivan, I'd do a piece on something about the misuse of language and how it indicates something, just to prove how clever I am. If I were Sullywatch, I'd quote someone picking holes in his argument, just because. If I were Michelle Malkin, I'd use it to justify detention camps for someone, preferably someone brown. If I were the Circle Jerk in the Corner, I'd be brief and smug and completely self-referential. If I were John Aravosis, I'd be shrill and want to know what the Democrats in Congress are going to do about it. If I were Andy Towle, I'd link to a picture.

I'm not any of those. I'm just me. So I can just sit here and note that I think it's really, really funny.)

No comments: