"Joy and pleasure are as real as pain and sorrow and one must learn what they have to teach. . . ." -- Sean Russell, from Gatherer of Clouds

"If you're not having fun, you're not doing it right." -- Helyn D. Goldenberg

"I love you and I'm not afraid." -- Evanescence, "My Last Breath"

“If I hear ‘not allowed’ much oftener,” said Sam, “I’m going to get angry.” -- J.R.R. Tolkien, from Lord of the Rings

Thursday, November 23, 2006

Happy Thanksgiving

To those of you in the States. It's really our most significant secular holiday. It's also close to my birthday, so it's always been "my" holiday -- turkey and birthday cake.

Consequently, it's also the time of year when I spend a lot of time thinking about my life and not talking much. This year's birthday is one of the ones with a "0" so I really do have to do some thinking.

As for today, what plans I did have have been disrupted by news that, on the whole, is very positive. I think I may go to the zoo -- it looks like a beautiful day, clear and sunny and in the 50s -- make myself a nice dinner, and just take it easy for a change -- a hold on self-generated stress.

And maybe I'll come back with some comments on what a dipshit John McCain has turned into.

No comments: