"Joy and pleasure are as real as pain and sorrow and one must learn what they have to teach. . . ." -- Sean Russell, from Gatherer of Clouds

"If you're not having fun, you're not doing it right." -- Helyn D. Goldenberg

"I love you and I'm not afraid." -- Evanescence, "My Last Breath"

“If I hear ‘not allowed’ much oftener,” said Sam, “I’m going to get angry.” -- J.R.R. Tolkien, from Lord of the Rings

Saturday, December 30, 2006

Alternate Realities

One really has to wonder. I find it hard to believe something like this isn't satire.




Thanks to Digby. Digby's quote is from Grover Norquist, another one of those people who's never held office but seems to have had a lot to do with running the country under the Republicans. That in itself is sort of an interesting phenomenon, especially when one considers how much influence the actual elected Republican leadership in Congress had on policy decisions -- compared to the likes of, say, Norquist, Dobson, Wildmon, General Electric, Exxon-Mobil, Halliburton, and so forth. I'd like to be able to say "those days are behind us," but I don't believe it. I think it will just be less blatant.

No comments: