"Joy and pleasure are as real as pain and sorrow and one must learn what they have to teach. . . ." -- Sean Russell, from Gatherer of Clouds

"If you're not having fun, you're not doing it right." -- Helyn D. Goldenberg

"I love you and I'm not afraid." -- Evanescence, "My Last Breath"

“If I hear ‘not allowed’ much oftener,” said Sam, “I’m going to get angry.” -- J.R.R. Tolkien, from Lord of the Rings

Saturday, December 02, 2006

Althouse On Art

I thought I'd take a pass by Althouse this morning, just for the hell of it, so see if she's said anything intelligent. Nope. Instead, she came up with this. This quote sort of sums it up:

Really, I would have preferred a full-of-himself artist revealing a lack of sensitivity toward the subject, but that's speaking only of the documentary I'd like to watch.

Ann -- stick to grading papers.

(PS -- I didn't see the documentary, discussed by NYT here, but I know Tunick's work, which is pretty much always interesting and sometimes challenging. Althouse obviously doesn't get it.)

Update: I checked out this post from Althouse, and even with an undergrad degree in art, she still doesn't get it. Probably a good thing she went into law.





The artist can move around looking for a good angle on a pose, but with some models there are no interesting angles. Try drawing a thin man!

Obviously she'd never seen Egon Schiele's works from 1910-1912.

No comments: