"Joy and pleasure are as real as pain and sorrow and one must learn what they have to teach. . . ." -- Sean Russell, from Gatherer of Clouds

"If you're not having fun, you're not doing it right." -- Helyn D. Goldenberg

"I love you and I'm not afraid." -- Evanescence, "My Last Breath"

“If I hear ‘not allowed’ much oftener,” said Sam, “I’m going to get angry.” -- J.R.R. Tolkien, from Lord of the Rings

Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Climate Change?


In Chicago, where the normal January temperatures used to hover in the single digits and 20 was a heat wave, snowdrops are blooming six weeks early. Temperatures have been in the upper 30s the past few days, edging into the 40s -- and that's a drop of a few degrees from the holidays.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Out here in Oakland, where the rain should be coming down in sheets and the full force of winter misery should be on us, the bearded iris are in bloom. And just yesterday, I saw a current photo of a cherry blossom already past its prime in New York City. But Chrysler's chief economist thinks the Europeans are irrationally hysterical about global warming, according to the BBC.