"Joy and pleasure are as real as pain and sorrow and one must learn what they have to teach. . . ." -- Sean Russell, from Gatherer of Clouds

"If you're not having fun, you're not doing it right." -- Helyn D. Goldenberg

"I love you and I'm not afraid." -- Evanescence, "My Last Breath"

“If I hear ‘not allowed’ much oftener,” said Sam, “I’m going to get angry.” -- J.R.R. Tolkien, from Lord of the Rings

Saturday, January 20, 2007

Lies, Damned Lies

Just in case you were wondering about the reliability of such organizations as Exodus International (which is losing its "international," as I hear, for being too wacko) and Focus on the Family, see this post and this one by Jim Burroway at Box Turtle Bulletin. (In fact, bookmark the site -- it's worth keeping in touch with for solid facts to counter the rabids' specious claims.) Exodus and FOF (known formally as FOTF, which sounds even sillier if you try to say it) are mounting a campaign against gay-inclusive hate crimes laws.

I wonder if they want to take away protections for racial and religious minorities as well? Probably not publicly.

No comments: