"Joy and pleasure are as real as pain and sorrow and one must learn what they have to teach. . . ." -- Sean Russell, from Gatherer of Clouds

"If you're not having fun, you're not doing it right." -- Helyn D. Goldenberg

"I love you and I'm not afraid." -- Evanescence, "My Last Breath"

“If I hear ‘not allowed’ much oftener,” said Sam, “I’m going to get angry.” -- J.R.R. Tolkien, from Lord of the Rings

Wednesday, January 24, 2007

State of the Union

Via Think Progress.

The Democratic response, at AmericaBlog.

Bush's speech looks good. The State of the Union address always looks good. Why do I feel like I'm hearing the same speech over again, and that it's going to be as indicative of action as all the rest have been? Maybe because there are too many giggle lines -- like the one about using "every lawful means" to fight terrorism. Maybe because we've heard it all before, and I don't see much evidence that anything has changed. (I mean, aside from the fact that I disagree with him completely about Medicare, Medicaid, health care in general, and Social Security.)

No comments: