"Joy and pleasure are as real as pain and sorrow and one must learn what they have to teach. . . ." -- Sean Russell, from Gatherer of Clouds

"If you're not having fun, you're not doing it right." -- Helyn D. Goldenberg

"I love you and I'm not afraid." -- Evanescence, "My Last Breath"

“If I hear ‘not allowed’ much oftener,” said Sam, “I’m going to get angry.” -- J.R.R. Tolkien, from Lord of the Rings

Saturday, February 03, 2007

$245 Billion

For war. For two years.

Tell me that we can't afford to provide free medical care for everyone in this country, and I'll tell you why. Tell me we can't afford to be sure every child has enough to eat and clothes to wear, and I'll tell you why. Tell me we can't afford to insure everyone has a roof over his head, and I'll tell you why. Tell me we can't afford to to rebuild New Orleans, and I'll tell you why. Tell me we can't restore wetlands and other areas devastated by development, and I'll tell you why. Tell me we can't provide decent schools, and I'll tell you why.

No comments: