"Joy and pleasure are as real as pain and sorrow and one must learn what they have to teach. . . ." -- Sean Russell, from Gatherer of Clouds

"If you're not having fun, you're not doing it right." -- Helyn D. Goldenberg

"I love you and I'm not afraid." -- Evanescence, "My Last Breath"

“If I hear ‘not allowed’ much oftener,” said Sam, “I’m going to get angry.” -- J.R.R. Tolkien, from Lord of the Rings

Sunday, February 25, 2007

Required Reading

A heads-up on a series by Jim Burroway over at Box Turtle Bulletin on "Love Won Out." Burroway in a lot of ways is much nicer than I am -- he actually attended the event and talked to people, trying to understand the mindset that has led to the whole ex-gay phenomenon.

See his posts:

Prologue: Why I Went to "Love Won Out"
Part 1: What’s Love Got To Do With It?
Part 2: Parents Struggle With “No Exceptions”

I do try to understand -- I don't want to sell myself short on that -- but I find myself suffering from a lack of "willing suspension of disbelief." I simply don't comprehend, first of all, how anyone can take anything anyone says -- expecially someone who obviously as an agenda -- at face value, and secondly, how anyone can ignore evidence that says that this is wrong.

Too rational. I'm way too rational for this world.

No comments: