"Joy and pleasure are as real as pain and sorrow and one must learn what they have to teach. . . ." -- Sean Russell, from Gatherer of Clouds

"If you're not having fun, you're not doing it right." -- Helyn D. Goldenberg

"I love you and I'm not afraid." -- Evanescence, "My Last Breath"

“If I hear ‘not allowed’ much oftener,” said Sam, “I’m going to get angry.” -- J.R.R. Tolkien, from Lord of the Rings

Friday, March 23, 2007

What Would Newt Do?

So, Edwards is going to stay in the race in spite of Politico. Ran across a post at Malcontent drooling over this little bit of public bitchery by James "Damned-if-you-do-damned-if-you-don't" Taranto at that augustly impartial screed rag, WSJ, which Malcontent has reproduced in toto, and frankly, two appearances on the Web are enough for this BS, so I'm not going to.

Taranto takes on two targets -- John Edwards, for staying in the race in spite of Elizabeth's cancer (with, let us note, her urging to do so) and Andrew Sullivan, because Taranto likes easy targets.

I can't help but think, "What would Newt do?"

Why, divorce her, of course.

No comments: