"Joy and pleasure are as real as pain and sorrow and one must learn what they have to teach. . . ." -- Sean Russell, from Gatherer of Clouds

"If you're not having fun, you're not doing it right." -- Helyn D. Goldenberg

"I love you and I'm not afraid." -- Evanescence, "My Last Breath"

“If I hear ‘not allowed’ much oftener,” said Sam, “I’m going to get angry.” -- J.R.R. Tolkien, from Lord of the Rings

Monday, April 30, 2007

The Candidates, Part II

I've been reading up on Mike Gravel, the Democrat who finally said something. Here's his bio at Wikipedia, and a separate article on his policy positions. I could vote for him. After all, Gravel said this in the S.C. debate:

We are mischaracterizing terrorism. Terrorism has been with civilization from the beginning. And it will be there to the end. We’re going to be as successful fighting terrorism as we are fighting drugs with a war. It doesn’t work.

Hello! Rest of the world -- are you listening? (For "world," read candidates and current office-holders.)

Someone has his eyes open. Finally. I think I'm in love.

(Here's a link to the transcript. Read it. Even if you watched the debate.)

No comments: