"Joy and pleasure are as real as pain and sorrow and one must learn what they have to teach. . . ." -- Sean Russell, from Gatherer of Clouds

"If you're not having fun, you're not doing it right." -- Helyn D. Goldenberg

"I love you and I'm not afraid." -- Evanescence, "My Last Breath"

“If I hear ‘not allowed’ much oftener,” said Sam, “I’m going to get angry.” -- J.R.R. Tolkien, from Lord of the Rings

Friday, April 27, 2007

If I've Said It Once. . . .

See this post by Tristero at Hullabaloo on Naomi Wolf's analysis of the trend toward fascism in the United States. She is not the first -- remember, please, David Neiwert's stellar series of a year or two ago. (This link is to a PDF version of the entire series. If you go to the Orcinus main page and scroll down the sidebar, there are links to the individual installments in HTML.)

The major element in favor of the rise of fascism or a close relative in this country is the belief that it can't happen here. Keep thinking that, as they come for those who are not you.

No comments: