"Joy and pleasure are as real as pain and sorrow and one must learn what they have to teach. . . ." -- Sean Russell, from Gatherer of Clouds

"If you're not having fun, you're not doing it right." -- Helyn D. Goldenberg

"I love you and I'm not afraid." -- Evanescence, "My Last Breath"

“If I hear ‘not allowed’ much oftener,” said Sam, “I’m going to get angry.” -- J.R.R. Tolkien, from Lord of the Rings

Monday, May 21, 2007

Conundrum of the Day

You have to worry about things like this. My take is it's propaganda, because I don't believe a thing Newt Gingrich says.

But what if he really believes it?

We're in serious trouble.

2 comments:

EncouragingWord said...

I think Gingrich actually believes most if not all of what he spewed at the Liberty commencement, but I think the general public is gradually opening their eyes and actually thinking about what right-wing fanatics are saying. When people do that, most of that rhetoric just doesn't hold up.

Jim Johnson
www.straightnotnarrow.org

Hunter said...

If the rhetoric is a reflection of belief, then there is a substantial problem on the right that can be summed up as a complete disconnect from reality. One hopes that the country at large will see it for what it is and discount it, although it seems to have driven our public discourse far too much for the past generation.