"Joy and pleasure are as real as pain and sorrow and one must learn what they have to teach. . . ." -- Sean Russell, from Gatherer of Clouds

"If you're not having fun, you're not doing it right." -- Helyn D. Goldenberg

"I love you and I'm not afraid." -- Evanescence, "My Last Breath"

“If I hear ‘not allowed’ much oftener,” said Sam, “I’m going to get angry.” -- J.R.R. Tolkien, from Lord of the Rings

Thursday, May 24, 2007

The Iraq "Compromise"

I'm not posting about that one yet because I don't know enough about it. Everyone seems to be leaving out key bits of information. On the face of it, however, I'm not encouraged, either about ending the war, or about the Democrats' ability to deal with the goons in the White House effectively. I realize that Reid and Pelosi are playing congressional politics here, but the outside-the-beltway perception is going to be that they're folding and have no balls, because that's the perception that the inside-the-Beltway media will push.

No comments: