"Joy and pleasure are as real as pain and sorrow and one must learn what they have to teach. . . ." -- Sean Russell, from Gatherer of Clouds

"If you're not having fun, you're not doing it right." -- Helyn D. Goldenberg

"I love you and I'm not afraid." -- Evanescence, "My Last Breath"

“If I hear ‘not allowed’ much oftener,” said Sam, “I’m going to get angry.” -- J.R.R. Tolkien, from Lord of the Rings

Monday, May 28, 2007

Why Do They Do This?

I asked myself that about the Republican presidential herd when this story came out. Then I realized that they're running in a Republican primary, so they have to win the votes of the terminally clueless before they can go on to make fools of themselves in the general election. (And this time they will -- these things are going to come back to haunt them, unless Clinton or Obama are running. They're advisers seem to be mounting the 2000 campaign all over again.)

Say what you will about the Democrats being wishy-washy, at least they don't make shit up.

Thanks to Steve Benen at TPM.

No comments: