"Joy and pleasure are as real as pain and sorrow and one must learn what they have to teach. . . ." -- Sean Russell, from Gatherer of Clouds

"If you're not having fun, you're not doing it right." -- Helyn D. Goldenberg

"I love you and I'm not afraid." -- Evanescence, "My Last Breath"

“If I hear ‘not allowed’ much oftener,” said Sam, “I’m going to get angry.” -- J.R.R. Tolkien, from Lord of the Rings

Saturday, June 09, 2007

Idiot of the Day

From American Daughter, a really funny screed:

In fact, though, if one examines these positions carefully, one can detect a basic, underlying theme, which changes the benevolent image of the left in a dramatic way. Unionism is, basically, anti-Capitalist.

Point of information -- democracy is anti-capitalist. (Sorry, no initial caps from me for that one.) Capitalism, as we can see from every Republican administration ever, is the natural economic arm of oligarchy.

It goes downhill from there. Apparently, the American left now includes Maxim Gorky, George Bernard Shaw, The Guardian, The Independent, and a supporting cast of several -- Europeans.

Apparently, our brave ruling oligarchy is the last bastion of freedom -- you know, those basic rights like habeas corpus and a free, adversarial press, and all.

The guy keeps seeing patterns -- in the clouds, I guess, because he offers no supporting evidence for anything he says.

I needed a good chuckle.

Thanks once again to Sadly, No!

No comments: