"Joy and pleasure are as real as pain and sorrow and one must learn what they have to teach. . . ." -- Sean Russell, from Gatherer of Clouds

"If you're not having fun, you're not doing it right." -- Helyn D. Goldenberg

"I love you and I'm not afraid." -- Evanescence, "My Last Breath"

“If I hear ‘not allowed’ much oftener,” said Sam, “I’m going to get angry.” -- J.R.R. Tolkien, from Lord of the Rings

Thursday, September 06, 2007

Scary

This is the sort of thing I want to call "alarmist" and "over the top," and with anyone else in the White House, I'd be right. Read this post at Mahablog, and think about the way the anti-Iran rhetoric out of the White House has been intensifying lately.

Look at it this way: as much as I don't want to credit something like this, it makes a certain sense. I don't believe Bush is in his right mind, and I don't think the administration's goals, as much as we can tell by its behavior and record, are in the best interests of the country. They have about sixteen months left, a thoroughly politicized executive branch, a packed Supreme Court, they've eliminated every ranking military officer who disagrees with the president on anything, and Congress is still useless in exercising any control.

Much as I hate to admit it, I have to recognize that people are capable of just about anything.

No comments: