"Joy and pleasure are as real as pain and sorrow and one must learn what they have to teach. . . ." -- Sean Russell, from Gatherer of Clouds

"If you're not having fun, you're not doing it right." -- Helyn D. Goldenberg

"I love you and I'm not afraid." -- Evanescence, "My Last Breath"

“If I hear ‘not allowed’ much oftener,” said Sam, “I’m going to get angry.” -- J.R.R. Tolkien, from Lord of the Rings

Wednesday, October 10, 2007

"By Their Works Shall Ye Know Them"

Isn't that how the quote goes? I've seen several posts on the topic of the current perception of Christianity, but this one by Sara Robinson at Orcinus seems to be the most thoughtful and complete. Worth a read.

I think I'd only like to add something that I've expressed to Christian friends and participants in discussion groups: it is not for those such as me to reject the rhetoric and activities of the rabidly anti-gay religious fanatics -- it is Christians themselves who must fight back against this, and fight strongly by rejecting these poeople and their smallness loudly and publicly. It's not enough to say "I don't agree with that" and change the subject.

No comments: