"Joy and pleasure are as real as pain and sorrow and one must learn what they have to teach. . . ." -- Sean Russell, from Gatherer of Clouds

"If you're not having fun, you're not doing it right." -- Helyn D. Goldenberg

"I love you and I'm not afraid." -- Evanescence, "My Last Breath"

“If I hear ‘not allowed’ much oftener,” said Sam, “I’m going to get angry.” -- J.R.R. Tolkien, from Lord of the Rings

Sunday, October 07, 2007

ENDA, Yet Again

Chris Crain has a good post on Dale Carpenter's examination of the argument that transgender protections in ENDA will protect gays and lesbians as well.

I haven't had time to get back to Gabriel Rotello's piece -- I've really got to focus on doing some reviews today. Maybe tomorrow.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mr. Carpenter's analysis is wrong on the facts and wrong on the law. See Jennifer Levi's trenchant comments at the original post, and my post at Transgender Workplace Diversity Blog, http//transworkplace.blogspot.com

Jillian T. Weiss, J.D., Ph.D.
Associate Professor of Law and Society
Ramapo College

Hunter said...

I was actually just reading your post at Bilerico Project, linked from Pam's House Blend, when this post came through.

To be frank, there are some parts of your post that seem self-contradictory, but I haven't finished reading it yet, so I will withhold comment until later.

Anonymous said...

Okay, please do let me know.