"Joy and pleasure are as real as pain and sorrow and one must learn what they have to teach. . . ." -- Sean Russell, from Gatherer of Clouds

"If you're not having fun, you're not doing it right." -- Helyn D. Goldenberg

"I love you and I'm not afraid." -- Evanescence, "My Last Breath"

“If I hear ‘not allowed’ much oftener,” said Sam, “I’m going to get angry.” -- J.R.R. Tolkien, from Lord of the Rings

Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Halloween Cactus

It started off as a Christmas cactus, but seems to have opted for its own schedule. I got it as a gift a few years ago, tiny little guy in a 3-inch pot with just a couple of stems. It's now crowding a 6-inch pot and has a couple dozen buds, the first of which opened yesterday.



And in the summer, it decides to be a Fourth of July cactus. Don't ask me why it wants to bloom twice a year, but it does. (The Evil Landlord was down and started bitching because my Christmas cactus is blooming now. He threw his out because they were blooming too early. There's no shortage of stupid in the world.)

In related news, posting's likely to be slim for the next week or so -- changing phone companies after I learned that with good ol' AT&T, not only do they breach your privacy rights but a call within your area code may be a long-distance call, the way they figure it -- and they don't tell you beforehand.

No immunity from prosecution!

No comments: