"Joy and pleasure are as real as pain and sorrow and one must learn what they have to teach. . . ." -- Sean Russell, from Gatherer of Clouds

"If you're not having fun, you're not doing it right." -- Helyn D. Goldenberg

"I love you and I'm not afraid." -- Evanescence, "My Last Breath"

“If I hear ‘not allowed’ much oftener,” said Sam, “I’m going to get angry.” -- J.R.R. Tolkien, from Lord of the Rings

Wednesday, November 21, 2007

The Conservative Agenda

Andrew Sullivan seems to have a good take on it.

If you follow the link to Hugh Hewitt, you discover that he is still an idiot. Actually, reading through the comments, the real idiot is the commenter Catmman, whose ignorance is simply breathtaking. I would have left a comment, but TownHall wants too much information before they'll let you post. I'm certainly not giving Hugh Hewitt my home address.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Couldn't make myself read the comments after I read the closing quotation from Mathis, that HRC sidestepped the question of privacy, and then developed his argument by comparing privacy among men to privacy between men and women. I wish I could figure out why it is the conservatives all think gays and lesbians (a) have no control over their impulses and (b) want to jump their sorry bones whether they're gay/lesbian, individually nice/attractive, or whatever. We're a discriminating bunch, and in my 60-plus years I have never met a gay man (or a lesbian, for that matter) who was interested in putting the moves on someone who clearly wasn't interested in getting intimate. Sheesh. And they fail to understand that they're all showering in gyms with gay guys already, probably without having any idea of it.

Hunter said...

Of course, it's a completely brainless argument. I suspect Republicans think all gays and lesbians have no control over their impulses because they (Republicans) don't, as so many news reports over the past year or two seem to demonstrate.