"Joy and pleasure are as real as pain and sorrow and one must learn what they have to teach. . . ." -- Sean Russell, from Gatherer of Clouds

"If you're not having fun, you're not doing it right." -- Helyn D. Goldenberg

"I love you and I'm not afraid." -- Evanescence, "My Last Breath"

“If I hear ‘not allowed’ much oftener,” said Sam, “I’m going to get angry.” -- J.R.R. Tolkien, from Lord of the Rings

Thursday, December 06, 2007

Snow

We finally got some. Not anything like your legendary Chicago snows, but enough. More coming, we're told.

I guess winter's here.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was standing just outside LaSalle St. Station when it started coming down in earnest, and it was really pretty watching it blanket down over the San Marco fountain.

Less pretty when I got home the next day and realized I was going to have to shovel it all.

So it begins.

Hunter said...

I love watching snow come down -- as long as I'm inside and nice and toasty warm and someone else has to do the shoveling.

Anonymous said...

And that's a beautiful photograph. Thank you!

Hunter said...

Thank you. It's one from -- gad, I think sometime in the '80s, when for some reason I was doing a lot of winter shooting.

Speaking of winter and photographs, it's coming time to spend hours at the computer scanning and uploading, so I'll probably finish the galleries at a/k/a Hunter -- finally.