"Joy and pleasure are as real as pain and sorrow and one must learn what they have to teach. . . ." -- Sean Russell, from Gatherer of Clouds

"If you're not having fun, you're not doing it right." -- Helyn D. Goldenberg

"I love you and I'm not afraid." -- Evanescence, "My Last Breath"

“If I hear ‘not allowed’ much oftener,” said Sam, “I’m going to get angry.” -- J.R.R. Tolkien, from Lord of the Rings

Saturday, February 09, 2008

Administration Newspeak, EPA v. ?.0

This is choice, from NYT. The appellate court has voided the EPA's regs on mercury emissions from power plants, which were, as the court found, in violation of the clear language of the law. The EPA's response?

A spokesman for the agency, Jonathan Shradar, said that officials were “disappointed that the court suspended the first ever regulation for mercury emissions from power plants.”

“Because of the court’s action,” Mr. Shradar said, “the U.S. has no national regulation to cut mercury from existing power plants.”.


Of course, if the Bush administration had done its job, there would be regulations in place.

Oh, wait -- I forgot: laws are for the little people.

No comments: