"Joy and pleasure are as real as pain and sorrow and one must learn what they have to teach. . . ." -- Sean Russell, from Gatherer of Clouds

"If you're not having fun, you're not doing it right." -- Helyn D. Goldenberg

"I love you and I'm not afraid." -- Evanescence, "My Last Breath"

“If I hear ‘not allowed’ much oftener,” said Sam, “I’m going to get angry.” -- J.R.R. Tolkien, from Lord of the Rings

Thursday, May 01, 2008

Health Care, Republican Style

Good article on McCain's health-care proposal from Jonathan Cohn at New Republic. Basically, McCain-care stinks. Having investigated Illinois' program when my COBRA expired some years ago, I can tell you it's not terrific: it was over $800 per month then, and probably more now. That's a real deal for someone who's out of work, let me tell you.

None of the candidates are putting forward a health-care plan that makes any sense, but McCain's is ridiculous. As if the market were going to drive health insurance costs. Yeah, right. We've seen how the Republican approach to free markets works.

Here's Digby on McCain-care and on health insurance and public policy.

No comments: