"Joy and pleasure are as real as pain and sorrow and one must learn what they have to teach. . . ." -- Sean Russell, from Gatherer of Clouds

"If you're not having fun, you're not doing it right." -- Helyn D. Goldenberg

"I love you and I'm not afraid." -- Evanescence, "My Last Breath"

“If I hear ‘not allowed’ much oftener,” said Sam, “I’m going to get angry.” -- J.R.R. Tolkien, from Lord of the Rings

Sunday, May 18, 2008

Last Post On Marriage


For a while. Until next time. I promise.

Sorry, but I had to drop this one in. From the LA Times, an interview with Chief Justice Ron George. This quote hits the nail right on the head:

Rather than ignoring voters, "what you are doing is applying the Constitution, the ultimate expression of the people's will," George said.

And from Governor Arnold, in SFGate:

"When the people vote, people are not legal experts, constitutional experts or any of that," he said. "I think that's why we have the courts. People may vote with good intentions, but then the court says, 'This is not constitutional.'

"It's not that the court interferes with the will of the people," he added. "But the court says, 'You voted for something, but it's not constitutionally right, so let's rework this.' That's really the idea."


My only question is why can't we get something that clear and level-headed from the three presidential candidates?

Both links thanks to Waldo Lydecker's Journal.

No comments: