"Joy and pleasure are as real as pain and sorrow and one must learn what they have to teach. . . ." -- Sean Russell, from Gatherer of Clouds

"If you're not having fun, you're not doing it right." -- Helyn D. Goldenberg

"I love you and I'm not afraid." -- Evanescence, "My Last Breath"

“If I hear ‘not allowed’ much oftener,” said Sam, “I’m going to get angry.” -- J.R.R. Tolkien, from Lord of the Rings

Saturday, July 05, 2008

Moving On

No, I'm not ending the blog, but I've got to focus on other things, at least for a while, maybe forever. I need to start working on fiction writing again, and my friend Jeff is pushing me to work on my drawing with the aim of doing comics, which I'd like to do. I have a couple of good ideas for gay action-hero scripts, and maybe the novels I've been tossing around in my head would work better as graphic novels than regular old text. (It's all yaoi's fault.)

And can I mention that I've got binders of negatives that have never been printed? We're talking 30 years' worth of work here. And now I have the equipment.

Yeah, probably a little bit hyperactive, but I always have been. And it keeps you young.

So, I have to try to stick to a schedule (which I hate) to make the best use of my time, which means that posting here is going to have to be limited. It helps that the political news continues to be same-old-same-old. You already know what I think. I'm not giving up, but I'm changing priorities. We'll see how successful I am.

No comments: