"Joy and pleasure are as real as pain and sorrow and one must learn what they have to teach. . . ." -- Sean Russell, from Gatherer of Clouds

"If you're not having fun, you're not doing it right." -- Helyn D. Goldenberg

"I love you and I'm not afraid." -- Evanescence, "My Last Breath"

“If I hear ‘not allowed’ much oftener,” said Sam, “I’m going to get angry.” -- J.R.R. Tolkien, from Lord of the Rings

Friday, September 05, 2008

"Cultural Critic" Meets "Gov. Lipstick"

Y'know, it seems to me that every time Camille Paglia opens her mouth, it's only to shove her foot farther in. From Joe.My.God:

"We may be seeing the first woman president. As a Democrat, I am reeling. That was the best political speech I have ever seen delivered by an American woman politician. Palin is as tough as nails.” - Camille Paglia, responding to Sarah Palin's first speech after she was introduced by John McCain in Dayton, Ohio.

She really doesn't get it, does she?

Joe has this titled "Homoquotable," but I'm not putting it in FGB: it has nothing to do with us, and everything to do with David Broder.

The "Gov. Lipstick" comes from RadicalRuss at Pam's House Blend. I like it.

No comments: