"Joy and pleasure are as real as pain and sorrow and one must learn what they have to teach. . . ." -- Sean Russell, from Gatherer of Clouds

"If you're not having fun, you're not doing it right." -- Helyn D. Goldenberg

"I love you and I'm not afraid." -- Evanescence, "My Last Breath"

“If I hear ‘not allowed’ much oftener,” said Sam, “I’m going to get angry.” -- J.R.R. Tolkien, from Lord of the Rings

Sunday, November 09, 2008

Awww. . . .

It seems the Mormons and Catholics are miffed that people are demonstrating against them over Prop 8. Via C&L, the Mormons whine:

Once again, we call on those involved in the debate over same-sex marriage to act in a spirit of mutual respect and civility towards each other. No one on either side of the question should be vilified, harassed or subject to erroneous information.

When you realize that they are not talking about what they did to us, but what they claim people are doing to them, you're going to wet yourself.

Jim Burroway has a good, clear analysis of just what's going on here in terms of participation in the democratic process.

And the Catholics are just as bad:

"Proposition 8 is not against any group in our society. Its sole focus is on preserving God's plan for people living upon this earth throughout time," Cardinal Roger Mahony, archbishop of the Diocese of Los Angeles, said in a statement Thursday.

Not against any group? If you believe that, I have a bridge I'd like to talk to you about.

It would appear that lies have gotten to be such a basic part of the fabric of the institutional process here that they can't quite stop telling them. What amazes me is that people look to these guys for spiritual and moral guidance.

Note to both these jerks: Yes, you have a right to express your opinions, including your opinions about my relationships. Guess what: I have a right to express my opinions about your opinions. The difference is, I stick with facts.

No comments: