"Joy and pleasure are as real as pain and sorrow and one must learn what they have to teach. . . ." -- Sean Russell, from Gatherer of Clouds

"If you're not having fun, you're not doing it right." -- Helyn D. Goldenberg

"I love you and I'm not afraid." -- Evanescence, "My Last Breath"

“If I hear ‘not allowed’ much oftener,” said Sam, “I’m going to get angry.” -- J.R.R. Tolkien, from Lord of the Rings

Monday, April 13, 2009

Belated Stuff



There -- that's my belated Easter post. (I swiped it from Digby.) My holiday was actually three weeks ago, so I almost forgot.

(Sidebar: my colleague at work somehow managed to place a picture of the cutest little bunny you ever saw as a wallpaper on a transitional window that pops up as I'm shifting from the general login to my login. I am totally delighted -- I mean, it's a really cute bunny.)

As for the rest of the news:

The captain was rescued from the Somali pirates by the simple expedient of shooting three of them while the fourth was negotiating. I haven't really been following this story (or any other) that closely, but apparently some quarters feel we need to understand the pirates. What's to understand? They're pirates.

Lots of finger-pointing on the economy. Still. Lots of resistance from the Republicans toward actually doing anything about it. And this is news exactly how? (The teabagging parties are still a lively topic. Snicker.)

Pesticide manufacturers want Michelle Obama to spray her organic garden with just about anything and everything. I also just learned that potatoes, my chief comfort food, are the worst for pesticide residues. Damn! (I have been known to eat a bowl of mashed potatoes for dessert.)

Amazon has delisted gay-themed books. Or not. (Sorry, but I never have any trouble finding yaoi at Amazon -- maybe Amazon doesn't know they're gay-themed? No, that's not right.)

And for this I surf every morning.

No comments: