"Joy and pleasure are as real as pain and sorrow and one must learn what they have to teach. . . ." -- Sean Russell, from Gatherer of Clouds

"If you're not having fun, you're not doing it right." -- Helyn D. Goldenberg

"I love you and I'm not afraid." -- Evanescence, "My Last Breath"

“If I hear ‘not allowed’ much oftener,” said Sam, “I’m going to get angry.” -- J.R.R. Tolkien, from Lord of the Rings

Sunday, May 31, 2009

Tooting My Horn

The latest issue of Green Man Review is up today, including a mini-story by me I'm very pleased with (it starts right after the introduction).

And if you scroll down to the reviews listing, you get to read my three (yes, count 'em, three) reviews of The Books of Magic, a pretty wonderful graphic novel series by Neil Gaiman, John Ney Rieber, and others.

It's an interesting issue anyway -- be sure to read our recommendations on best fantasy/science fiction series.

I've also updated the Epinions listing in the sidebar -- quite a few new yaoi reviews there.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's a lovely little story there, reminding me a lot of another one I seem to remember by you.

Good one!

- Firle

Hunter said...

Firle! Wow, I am so happy to hear from you!

Yes, it has a strong connection to one from back when that I titled "Wings" -- in fact, I had pulled "Wings" out to rework it, and the one at GMR is probably going to wind up as the outline of the new story -- it solves a lot of the problems I was having. (Working the idea of the subjective nature of good and evil into a love story just seems like a natural.)

Thanks -- catch the "Books of Magic" reviews, too -- there's a story there involving last-minute schedule changes and lost weekends.

Anonymous said...

*smiles*

I still have your blog bookmarked, although I don't look very often, admittedly.

Btw, the link to the review of Neil Gaiman's Sandman is borked. (404 error, because of one dot too many.)

All the best for the new story - and yes, I really loved "Wings", too. You're a great writer, and I'll try to remember to stop by more often. :-)

Hunter said...

Which link is that? I didn't link in my reviews, but I want to make sure we get it fixed.

Thanks -- I really have to dig out from under the review backlog (somehow, books and CDs built up badly over the winter) and focus on some of my "own" stuff for a while.

Anonymous said...

The link to the review of The Sandman, on the page you linked in your post.

http://www.greenmanreview.com/whats_new.html

It's in the part about April and her reviews. There's one period too many at the ..html

(http://www.greenmanreview.com/book/book_gaiman_sandmanomni1..html)

Hunter said...

Thanks -- I'll report that to the powers that be.