"Joy and pleasure are as real as pain and sorrow and one must learn what they have to teach. . . ." -- Sean Russell, from Gatherer of Clouds

"If you're not having fun, you're not doing it right." -- Helyn D. Goldenberg

"I love you and I'm not afraid." -- Evanescence, "My Last Breath"

“If I hear ‘not allowed’ much oftener,” said Sam, “I’m going to get angry.” -- J.R.R. Tolkien, from Lord of the Rings

Wednesday, June 03, 2009

Interim

Sorry for the silence here, but I'm swamped, and I've only got this morning free. Whether that's going to result in an actual post I don't know. The three stories I've been following:

Prop 8/Marriage: I have a very strong and thoughtful e-mail from a reader that merits attention, and there is breaking news in New Hampshire. Irony of the day: Dick Cheney is to the left of Barack Obama on same-sex marriage. Pam's House Blend has had some decent coverage, but this one got buried by the next two.

George Tiller: It's sort of fun watching the demagogues on the right trying to get out from under this one, especially O'Reilly. Andrew Sullivan has been focusing on this one -- go back a couple of days.

Sonia Sotomayor: Once again, it looks as though the right insists on shooting itself in the foot, which is all to the good: the sooner the Republican party collapses completely, the sooner they can rebuild it into something worth having. Hilzoy and Digby have been giving this one good coverage.

Maybe by this weekend.

No comments: