"Joy and pleasure are as real as pain and sorrow and one must learn what they have to teach. . . ." -- Sean Russell, from Gatherer of Clouds

"If you're not having fun, you're not doing it right." -- Helyn D. Goldenberg

"I love you and I'm not afraid." -- Evanescence, "My Last Breath"

“If I hear ‘not allowed’ much oftener,” said Sam, “I’m going to get angry.” -- J.R.R. Tolkien, from Lord of the Rings

Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Support Terrorism: Join ALG and NRN

I keep getting these action alerts from Adam Bitely, who's with something called the NitRight Nation, and Bill Wilson, of Americans for Limited Government, demanding that we call our senators to kill a piece of legislation designed to thwart domestic terrorists.

From Carter Clews of NetRight Nation:

The highly charged "Matthew Shepard Hate Crimes Prevention Act of 2009" (S. 909) would make it a federal crime to violently attack anyone you hate.

Unless, of course, the anyone you hate happens to be a white heterosexual.


Lie #1. The Act increases penalties for anyone attacked because of race or actual or perceived sexual orientation.

And if your readers are as stupid as you hope, you have to repeat it to make sure they get it:

That's right, S. 909 -- aka, the "hate crimes bill" -- being pushed through by the Obama Administration as one of its highest legislative priorities would make it a federal crime to commit a violent act against anyone based on race or gender orientation -- unless the race was Caucasian and the orientation was towards the opposite sex.

This is fairly disgusting for any rational human being.

The same screed appears at Americans for Limited Government's website. I'm not going to link -- I don't link to hate groups. But here's the meat of the comment I left:

So let me see if I'm understanding you correctly: you support violence against racial, religious, ethnic and sexual minorities, but only against minorities, and especially if it has the effect of terrorizing others in those communities. You could have said it much more concisely.

At that site, your comments must be "authorized." Want to bet this one never sees the light of day?

Gods, these people are vile.

3 comments:

Piet said...

I missed your morning post and just hit it now. So I went to the ALG site and wonder of wonders this is what I found:

Comments
There have been no comments made on this article. Why not be the first and add your own comment using the form below.

Gee. You don't suppose your comment got lost in the mail, do you?

Hunter said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Hunter said...

I suspect the right to comment is limited to white, heterosexual males.

Or their "authorizers" read very, very slowly.

Or -- and this just occurred to me -- like so many of these right-wing fringe sites, someone incorporated his keyboard as a not-for-profit, like Peter LaBarbera, and he has to spend the day actually working for a living. Probably on Wall Street.