"Joy and pleasure are as real as pain and sorrow and one must learn what they have to teach. . . ." -- Sean Russell, from Gatherer of Clouds

"If you're not having fun, you're not doing it right." -- Helyn D. Goldenberg

"I love you and I'm not afraid." -- Evanescence, "My Last Breath"

“If I hear ‘not allowed’ much oftener,” said Sam, “I’m going to get angry.” -- J.R.R. Tolkien, from Lord of the Rings

Tuesday, September 01, 2009

Adjusting




New work schedule, and I'm not sure yet how it's going to work out. And I woke up in the middle of the night with a cramp in the muscle in my lower leg -- the one just below the calf muscles and under the Achilles tendon. It hurt like hell, and when I got up this morning my leg was so sore that I could barely stand. It took fifteen minutes of warm-ups and a walk before it loosened up enough to be comfortable.




Besides, the news is the same as it has been -- the Republicans are against everything, and the Democrats don't know how to deal with it.

As far as the health care reform debate, I like this one:



Thanks to Balloon Juice.

What kind of asshole thinks it's OK to take an assault rifle to a presidential visit? And what kind of idiot defends him? (She's one of our favorite idiots.)

And who is this Steven Anderson character? Gods, that man is creepy. (There is something totally unhinged about Anderson calling Signorile a liar for saying he never molested a child, because Anderson knows that all gay men are child molesters. And people listen to him?)

And just because people like Steven Anderson hate the idea, let me point out that same-sex marriages start today in Vermont.

No comments: