"Joy and pleasure are as real as pain and sorrow and one must learn what they have to teach. . . ." -- Sean Russell, from Gatherer of Clouds

"If you're not having fun, you're not doing it right." -- Helyn D. Goldenberg

"I love you and I'm not afraid." -- Evanescence, "My Last Breath"

“If I hear ‘not allowed’ much oftener,” said Sam, “I’m going to get angry.” -- J.R.R. Tolkien, from Lord of the Rings

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Ignorance: A Self-Perpetuating Phenomenon

I read this post by Daniel Oliver out of curiosity after reading this take-down by Julian Sanchez.

Sanchez was way too kind.

I've never seen so much misinformation bruited about as "well-known" fact since the last time I read anything by Peter LaBarbera or heard Tony Perkins on a talk show. And the comments are even worse.

I mean, have you ever seen a post with comments where nobody knows diddly about the subject? Not the poster, not the commenters.

I didn't think it was possible.

No comments: