"Joy and pleasure are as real as pain and sorrow and one must learn what they have to teach. . . ." -- Sean Russell, from Gatherer of Clouds

"If you're not having fun, you're not doing it right." -- Helyn D. Goldenberg

"I love you and I'm not afraid." -- Evanescence, "My Last Breath"

“If I hear ‘not allowed’ much oftener,” said Sam, “I’m going to get angry.” -- J.R.R. Tolkien, from Lord of the Rings

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Sweet

Found this video via a commentary by David Link at Independent Gay Forum. It's sweet.



Every kid's coming out should be like this.

Link's commentary is a good one, and points up something that we don't think about much -- this show was not a "special" or a documentary -- it's just part of a regular series. And it's not the only one -- we're even on soap operas:


First teen gay soap opera kiss on US TV
Uploaded by PlanetQTV. - Watch feature films and entire TV shows.

We're becoming part of the fabric of daily life, and it's no big deal.

(Nice antidote to the Fred Phelpses and Peter LaBarberas of the world, isn't it?)

2 comments:

Piet said...

Of course I had to watch this. And now my mascara's all over my face, dammit!

Hunter said...

If it's any consolation, I had the same reaction.

I did try to warn you -- sort of.