"Joy and pleasure are as real as pain and sorrow and one must learn what they have to teach. . . ." -- Sean Russell, from Gatherer of Clouds

"If you're not having fun, you're not doing it right." -- Helyn D. Goldenberg

"I love you and I'm not afraid." -- Evanescence, "My Last Breath"

“If I hear ‘not allowed’ much oftener,” said Sam, “I’m going to get angry.” -- J.R.R. Tolkien, from Lord of the Rings

Wednesday, April 07, 2010

We're Not The Only Ones With Teabaggers

Nice little tidbit to start the morning:

An opposition member in Kyrgyzstan says a mob of angry protesters beat up the Central Asian nation's interior minister, who died shortly afterward.

Opposition activist Shamil Murat told The Associated Press on Wednesday that he saw the dead body of Minister Moldomusa Kongatiyev in a government building in the western town of Talas.


I guess our congresscritters should be careful about visiting their districts. Of course, Sarah Palin would rather just shoot them -- from a safe distance, of course.

In case you thought I was just being funny, read this:

A Washington state man was arrested for threatening to kill Sen. Patty Murray (D-Wash.) over her support for healthcare reform.

According to the Seattle Times, 64-year-old Charles Alan Wilson made several vulgar calls to Murray's Seattle office over the last few months, criticizing her for supporting healthcare reform. That vulgarity eventually escalated into death threats, police reports state.

"I hope you realize there's a target on your back now," Wilson reportedly said in once message. "Kill the [expletive] senator! I'll donate the lead."


Stray thought: This just occurred to me: think about the degree of cowardice involved in using guns.

No comments: