"Joy and pleasure are as real as pain and sorrow and one must learn what they have to teach. . . ." -- Sean Russell, from Gatherer of Clouds

"If you're not having fun, you're not doing it right." -- Helyn D. Goldenberg

"I love you and I'm not afraid." -- Evanescence, "My Last Breath"

“If I hear ‘not allowed’ much oftener,” said Sam, “I’m going to get angry.” -- J.R.R. Tolkien, from Lord of the Rings

Saturday, May 29, 2010

Weekend Off

I'm thinking about it.  It's been a hell of a week, and the news doesn't get any better -- just more twisted.

DADT is still not repealed, whatever you think the "compromise" says.

BP is still stonewalling on the oil spill, and now it turns out they have in all likelihood been criminally negligent as well.

The Republicans are still intent on filibustering anything that might actually help the country.

The chattering classes are all idiots.

I'm going to sit in the back yard and watch anime all weekend.  And read comics.

As a footnote, can you imagine the reaction if McDonald's ran a commercial like this here?

No comments: