"Joy and pleasure are as real as pain and sorrow and one must learn what they have to teach. . . ." -- Sean Russell, from Gatherer of Clouds

"If you're not having fun, you're not doing it right." -- Helyn D. Goldenberg

"I love you and I'm not afraid." -- Evanescence, "My Last Breath"

“If I hear ‘not allowed’ much oftener,” said Sam, “I’m going to get angry.” -- J.R.R. Tolkien, from Lord of the Rings

Wednesday, June 16, 2010

I Know, I Know. . . .

I've been way absent lately. I'm a little burnt, and my brain has decided to take some time off. I have enough left for basic life processes, but that's about it.

I may have some comments later this week about Perry vs. Schwarzenegger -- closing arguments were today, but I haven't had a chance to look at anything substantive on them. First impression, though, is that Prop 8 proponents are really clutching at straws.

Update: Just finished reading the live blogging of closing arguments at Prop 8 TrialTracker. It seems as though proponents have one argument: procreation. Unfortunately for them, that argument doesn't seem to hold together very well. Cooper has been dodging and weaving all through his spiel.

Olson/Boies' rebuttal isn't up yet. Maybe later.

Update II: Found Olson's rebuttal. And rebut Cooper he did. Pointed up the fact that Cooper's argument was essentially meaningless.

So now the judge gets to decide.

No comments: