"Joy and pleasure are as real as pain and sorrow and one must learn what they have to teach. . . ." -- Sean Russell, from Gatherer of Clouds

"If you're not having fun, you're not doing it right." -- Helyn D. Goldenberg

"I love you and I'm not afraid." -- Evanescence, "My Last Breath"

“If I hear ‘not allowed’ much oftener,” said Sam, “I’m going to get angry.” -- J.R.R. Tolkien, from Lord of the Rings

Monday, September 13, 2010

A New Interest

in economics.  In part, it's because it's an overwhelmingly important issue right now, with Republicans and Democrats (I mean real Democrats) making diametrically opposed statements as to what we need.

Here's Austan Goolsbee talking about John Boehner's (R-pick a country club) statement that he would vote for ending the tax cuts for the rich if he had to:



It's nice to see someone from the White House on the tube actually pushing back.

There's actually another reason for my interest in economics:  Austan Goolsbee is really cute.

No comments: