"Joy and pleasure are as real as pain and sorrow and one must learn what they have to teach. . . ." -- Sean Russell, from Gatherer of Clouds

"If you're not having fun, you're not doing it right." -- Helyn D. Goldenberg

"I love you and I'm not afraid." -- Evanescence, "My Last Breath"

“If I hear ‘not allowed’ much oftener,” said Sam, “I’m going to get angry.” -- J.R.R. Tolkien, from Lord of the Rings

Friday, September 10, 2010

The Way It Should Be

This is the way it should be, in contrast to the politically inspired brouhaha over the sogenannte "Ground Zero mosque" -- the one behind all the sex shops and bars on the teabaggers' "sacred ground" of the week.

BERWYN, Pa. (AP) — A new mosque recently opened in this well-to-do suburb of Philadelphia, but not many people noticed.

That was fine with leaders of the Islamic Society of Greater Valley Forge. Amid a tense national climate for U.S. Muslims, they did not seek publicity for the happy occasion, only continued peace with their neighbors: a Jewish synagogue next door and Baptist church across the street.


Funny thing about all the controversy -- you know what I haven't heard from any of the religious freedom opponents so far? "Some of my best friends are Muslims."

No comments: