"Joy and pleasure are as real as pain and sorrow and one must learn what they have to teach. . . ." -- Sean Russell, from Gatherer of Clouds

"If you're not having fun, you're not doing it right." -- Helyn D. Goldenberg

"I love you and I'm not afraid." -- Evanescence, "My Last Breath"

“If I hear ‘not allowed’ much oftener,” said Sam, “I’m going to get angry.” -- J.R.R. Tolkien, from Lord of the Rings

Sunday, October 17, 2010

Total Chaos, Continued (Updated)

This post from Pam's House Blend sort of says it all.

I just want to add an observation of my own -- a thought that occurred to me this morning:

Over two dozen other countries have instituted open service policies in their militaries for gay and lesbian personnel. All of them instituted the policies within four to six months, and none have reported any disruptions or serious incidents -- and even the unserious incidents were few and far between.

It's taking our military ten months just to figure out what they have to do.

Can you say "incompetent"?

Update: I just ran into this post by John Cole -- coming from another story, but the bottom line is the same:

There seriously is something wrong in the military- I have no idea what they are teaching in the military schools or ROTC, but somewhere along the line they have dropped the ball when it comes to honor, integrity, and recognizing there are laws in the land. The officer corps, when you look at the overt politicking, the proselytizing, the rampant cover-ups, and so on, is just rotten to the core.

No comments: