"Joy and pleasure are as real as pain and sorrow and one must learn what they have to teach. . . ." -- Sean Russell, from Gatherer of Clouds

"If you're not having fun, you're not doing it right." -- Helyn D. Goldenberg

"I love you and I'm not afraid." -- Evanescence, "My Last Breath"

“If I hear ‘not allowed’ much oftener,” said Sam, “I’m going to get angry.” -- J.R.R. Tolkien, from Lord of the Rings

Wednesday, December 01, 2010

Civil Unions in Illinois

Done deal. The bill passed the House last night, by all reports it has the votes in the Senate,and the Governor has said he'll sign it without delay.

I want to see Meeks squirming on this one -- he's suddenly figured out that he can't be elected mayor of Chicago without the gay vote, and he's one of the worst anti-gay voices in the Senate.

I figure we'll have full marriage rights in two years -- and I want to see NOM's reaction to this one -- we only have advisory referenda here, and the last time Peter LaBarbera tried to get one on the ballot for a constitutional amendment banning SSM, he couldn't get enough signatures -- that's not verified signatures, by the way, that's signatures, period.

I'm hyped.

No comments: