"Joy and pleasure are as real as pain and sorrow and one must learn what they have to teach. . . ." -- Sean Russell, from Gatherer of Clouds

"If you're not having fun, you're not doing it right." -- Helyn D. Goldenberg

"I love you and I'm not afraid." -- Evanescence, "My Last Breath"

“If I hear ‘not allowed’ much oftener,” said Sam, “I’m going to get angry.” -- J.R.R. Tolkien, from Lord of the Rings

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Mike Huckabee Thinks the Military Should Be In Charge

I can't think of an interpretation of this that makes more sense:

"I would -- because that's really what the military wants," says Huckabee. "There's been some talk that the military is fine with having same-sex orientation people. But if you really surveyed the combat troops, that is not at all the case." According to Huckabee, currently a political analyst for Fox News, politicians should back out of the picture. "...I don't think that these are decisions that politicians should make. These are decisions that soldiers should make," he says emphatically. "And when the soldiers in the foxholes make the decisions, they choose something different -- and we should listen to them."

These are the decisions that politicians are mandated to make, Governor -- it's called civilian control of the military. And how typical of a conservative Republican: the opinions of the 10% of the serving troops that agree with him should overrule everyone else.

Another Republican who hates the American system of government.

(I linked to JMG rather than One News Now because Joe got the sense of the quote correct and I won't link to hate sites.)

No comments: