"Joy and pleasure are as real as pain and sorrow and one must learn what they have to teach. . . ." -- Sean Russell, from Gatherer of Clouds

"If you're not having fun, you're not doing it right." -- Helyn D. Goldenberg

"I love you and I'm not afraid." -- Evanescence, "My Last Breath"

“If I hear ‘not allowed’ much oftener,” said Sam, “I’m going to get angry.” -- J.R.R. Tolkien, from Lord of the Rings

Sunday, March 27, 2011

Not With A Bang

An interesting (although unfortunately truncated) segment from Bill Maher with actress Ellen Page on disappearing bees and the consequences.



Here's the trailer for the documentary Vanishing of the Bees.

Vanishing of the Bees - Trailer from Bee The Change on Vimeo.


Not much scares me. This does. It scares me because I know that instead of focusing on fixing the problem, our government will dither around and try to please everyone (read "the major corporations involved") and do nothing, or do too little too late. I doubt that the bees have much of a lobby in Washington -- or any other capital -- and not a lot of money to throw around. The makers of pesticides do.

Of course, maybe some Teabagger will come up with a compromise solution to this and our immigration "problem" -- we'll allow all the illegal immigrants to stay so they can hand-pollinate our crops.

Good luck with that.

No comments: