"Joy and pleasure are as real as pain and sorrow and one must learn what they have to teach. . . ." -- Sean Russell, from Gatherer of Clouds

"If you're not having fun, you're not doing it right." -- Helyn D. Goldenberg

"I love you and I'm not afraid." -- Evanescence, "My Last Breath"

“If I hear ‘not allowed’ much oftener,” said Sam, “I’m going to get angry.” -- J.R.R. Tolkien, from Lord of the Rings

Sunday, April 10, 2011

Schliesslich

That's one of those words I can never remember the translation for, and it's a very commonly used word. It translates as "finally" or "after all," and I can never remember it.

It's only one of many.

However, I did a 20-something page marathon yesterday and finished volume 6 of When a Man Loves a Man. I may make an update on that the Review in Brief for today. I'm thinking about it.

In other news, I'd rather not deal with other news today -- it's just as depressing as it was yesterday, except that both Brazil and Uruguay are now considering bills to legalize same-sex marriage. Uruguay was the first country in Latin America to institute civil unions, so it's a good bet the bill will pass, and Brazil's new president has made legalized SSM a priority. The U.S., of course, has Republicans wanting to repeal the repeal of DADT because they share Elaine Donnelley's shower room fantasies.

And the president wants to share credit with John Boehner for trashing what's left of the economy.

Do I sound fed up?

No comments: