"Joy and pleasure are as real as pain and sorrow and one must learn what they have to teach. . . ." -- Sean Russell, from Gatherer of Clouds

"If you're not having fun, you're not doing it right." -- Helyn D. Goldenberg

"I love you and I'm not afraid." -- Evanescence, "My Last Breath"

“If I hear ‘not allowed’ much oftener,” said Sam, “I’m going to get angry.” -- J.R.R. Tolkien, from Lord of the Rings

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Trends

Nate Silver has a very clear exposition of the current trends in support for same-sex marriage, and some observations on the Republicans now finding themselves in a quandary on that and related gay issues.

I've been seeing this coming for a while, and it's nice to have someone like Silver pointing it out. It will be interesting to see what happens to the "social conservatives" in 2012.

This is especially interesting in light of the Republican-controlled House of Representatives taking time off from their busy job-creation schedule (ahem!) to defend the unconscionable DOMA in court. Good luck with that.

No comments: