"Joy and pleasure are as real as pain and sorrow and one must learn what they have to teach. . . ." -- Sean Russell, from Gatherer of Clouds

"If you're not having fun, you're not doing it right." -- Helyn D. Goldenberg

"I love you and I'm not afraid." -- Evanescence, "My Last Breath"

“If I hear ‘not allowed’ much oftener,” said Sam, “I’m going to get angry.” -- J.R.R. Tolkien, from Lord of the Rings

Monday, May 30, 2011

The Real "Don't Say Gay" Bill

John Corvino points out the Law of Unintended Consequences as it relates to Tennessee's "Don't Say Gay" bill as actually passed by the state senate. The actual language as adopted:

“Notwithstanding any other law to the contrary, any instruction or materials made available or provided at or to a public elementary or middle school shall be limited exclusively to natural human reproduction science.”

Essentially, the law mandates that the only subject that can be taught in public elementary or middle schools is sex education.

Coming from Tennessee, I think that's hysterical.

No comments: